Chicago, Ill. -- HR Solutions, Inc. has announced the winners of the 2004 HR Service Excellence Award, an award which recognizes the best Human Resources departments in North America.
Each year, thousands of HR departments across the country are nominated for the HR Service Excellence Award. This award program allows organizations to conduct a free assessment of their HR department’s current level of customer service, and benchmark their service levels against other organizations nationwide, all while competing for the HR Service Excellence Award.
The National Normative Score for Overall Satisfaction with HR Department customer service is 62 percent favorable. The winners’ names and scores are as follows:
Category 1: Less than 500 employees
- First Place: Firstwave Technologies, Inc.—Atlanta, GA [Score: 93 percent favorable]
- Second Place: Nevada Public Radio—Las Vegas, NV [Score: 90 percent favorable]
- Third Place: AmCOMP, Inc.—North Palm Beach, FL [Score: 86 percent favorable]
Category 2: Between 501 To 2,500 employees
- First Place: Scottrade, Inc.—St. Louis, MO [Score: 87 percent favorable]
- Second Place: West Coast Bank—Salem, OR [Score: 82 percent favorable]
- Third Place: Spartanburg Steel Products—Spartanburg, SC [Score: 79 percent favorable]
Category 3: More than 2,500 employees
- First Place: Hunter Douglas, Inc.—Upper Saddle River, NJ [Score: 75 percent favorable]
- Second Place: Rochester Institute of Technology—Rochester, NY [Score: 72 percent favorable]
- Third Place: Principal Financial Group—Des Moines, IA [Score: 70 percent favorable]
Most Improved HR Department in 2004:
- Farmers Insurance Group, Inc.—Los Angelas, CA. Farmers Insurance demonstrated a 18% increase in their overall score from 2003 to 2004.
The winners were determined based on the overall results of the HR Service Excellence survey conducted by roughly 730 participating organizations. The survey allowed the organizations’ employees to rate their HR department on 40 separate items about the department’s employee relations, service orientation, communication, professional knowledge, and overall performance.