Lagrangeville, New York -- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP), representing many of the field's top practitioners and companies, announced today the adoption of a Code of Ethics and Business Practice Standards for Outsourcing Professionals. These standards help ensure that its members -- whether customers, providers, or advisors -- are distinguished as preferred professionals and companies with whom to work.
Developed by IAOP and the Outsourcing Standards Board (OSB), these standards are a comprehensive, yet easy-to-follow guide for ensuring that outsourcing professionals:
- adhere to generally accepted business standards for ethics and conduct;
- accurately communicate their and their organization's capabilities to
- take responsibility for the outcomes of their work;
- work to continuously enhance their own professional skills and
- are effective advocates for outsourcing; and
- encourage identification and resolution of ethical and business
practice issues if they occur.
"This Code of Ethics document represents tangible evidence that IAOP aims to be more than just another industry networking forum -- it aims to raise the standard of outsourcing practices globally," commented Robert Kane, IAOP Founding Member and Head of BPO for Mercator Dubai. "Their main strength," added Mike Corbett, Executive Director, IAOP, "is that they were developed in equal measure by suppliers, customers and industry advisors."
A copy of the standards and the individuals and organizations that participated in their development is available at www.outsourcingprofessional.org/content/23/126/1126/.